Writing Historical Fiction is hard. It’s almost a year ago since I posted announcing the start of my second attempt at WarRunner. I’d been re-structuring and re-planning it for six months prior to that. I’d written 50,000 words in NaNoWriMo before that. And I’d spent another 15 months prior to that researching and planning. So that means I’ve now spent a total of three years on this project. So where am I up to?
- I have a great structure (all planned out on Scrivener)
- I have lots of research (in Scrivener and multiple Word docs)
- I have 90,000 odd words written (just approaching the end of chapter three)
So by my calculations I’m about 1/3 of the way through the novel and still have a long way to go. Tolkien took 16 years to write The Lord of the Rings trilogy, so while I’m not doing great, I’m doing ok… I am making progress. And I am getting closer to being able to share more of it. In the coming months I’m going to start sharing some of the research. There’s a hell of a lot that I’ve had to piece together. By bringing it here onto my website I hope to provide a single location for it that others can use, as I’ve found it all over the place on the web, and I hope to gain more interest and potential readers. We’ll see how we go.
Until next week…
Posting about interesting research stuff sounds like a good idea for attracting followers. I’ve subscribed.
Comments are closed.